The Life of a High School Student

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Have you ever wondered about the nursery rhyme about the guy who had a wife, but couldn't keep her, and so he locked her up in a pumpkin? I certainly have. I mean, if he couldn't keep her, why not just let her go? Maybe he was a very controlling man who didn't want to be embarrassed. I think that it'd be more embarrassing for people to know that you locked your wife in a pumpkin shell, but that's just my personal opinion. I think the reason he couldn't keep her is because he probably spent all of his time loving his pumpkins too much. I mean, how else could he grow a pumpkin big enough to force his wife into exile? And I also don't believe that she lived there very well. What did she live off of in the first place? I think it would be pretty boring to live in a pumpkin myself. Also, wouldn't she just have been able to easily dig or eat her way out? Maybe she was mentally unstable, and so that's why he locked her up. I guess we'll never know the why's about Mother Goose and her nursery rhymes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home