The Life of a High School Student

Sunday, April 15, 2007

I took the ACT today with tons of other high school students. I was waiting in line, waiting for it to start, when I started wondering how much money people made from students taking this test. I think they make a lot of money doing it. It costs $30-40 to take the test. I would say about $10 per person would be put towards paying the professors to write the test, people to give it, and people to correct it. It probably costs less than a dollar to print the test materials. That still leaves $20-30 per high school student taking it to the makers of the ACT. Then you have to realize that they give this test around 5 times a year. Someone has to be making a lot of money. I think maybe I'll just make a prestigious test company and make millions. It would be really easy. The AP test is another one. They re-use about 2/3 of the test each time. So the only parts they have to write are the free-response and a third of the multiple choice. It does cost more money to grade these ones though, because they have to fly a bunch of teachers out, pay for their room and board, and pay for them to grade the tests. But each AP test costs $83 to take. Figure that one out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home