The Life of a High School Student

Sunday, May 13, 2007

I've been wondering lately, What would cause Mr. Bowman to kick me out of the band program next year? I'm trying to get my Associates before I go to college, so I don't have very many free periods. I was, at the time at least, only able to fit Jazz Band into my schedule. But my band teacher said that unless I also do Wind Symphony, he won't let me play in Jazz Band. I don't understand. I'm pursuing a much higher education than most high school students, and he isn't even willing to work around it? He said that the last time someone said they couldn't do it because of their Associates, they ended up joining the choir. But that was someone else. I guess I can understand that it may seem I'm not as dedicated to band by not taking Wind Symphony, but at the current moment, I can't fit it into my schedule. I guess he also has a policy where he gives people in Wind Symphony the majority and there already is 4 trombones from Wind Symphony wanting to do it. But I still don't understand, when he's been saying that I've become one the better bass trombonists that he has had, but he won't let me into the jazz band. Well, I guess I may never find out. Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home