The Life of a High School Student

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Why are Prom tickets so expensive? Is the school just trying to make money, or does it really cost that much? I don't think it really costs $30 per couple for Prom. I bet that the Provo Library only costs around $200 an hour to rent for 3 hours, so $600. Then I bet a D.J. costs around $300 for the whole dance. They will be having chocolate fountains, which is a great improvement. Those will probably cost $500 for the chocolate, the rental, and the stuff to dip into the chocolate fountains. That's about all the costs of the dance. That would be a total of $1400 for Prom. I think that they could get at least 200 couples to the dance. 200 couples paying $30 each equals to $6000. Where does the extra $4600 go? I think that school dances in general are over-priced. How come they don't just come out and say that it is a fundraiser for the school or something? Prom already costs a bunch, because you have to rent a tux and pay for dinner and pictures. Why charge even more to get into the dance? I think there's some explaining that should be done. Maybe I'm just being unrealistic, but I don't think I'd be off by $4600. I think they should have the tickets cost like $15. They would probably also get more people to come anyway, which would still bring in money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home